Monday, June 19, 2006

Let the journey begin

We are on day two of unemployment.

Here's a comment I heard today... "unemployment isn't something people normally celebrate." Well, it also isn't something people normally choose. But we have. And we are.

Yes, it has been hard to walk away from a life that we cherish, jobs we believe in, people we love. But we have been comfortable too. When were we called to a life of comfort? Especially amidst so many questions in our minds that plague us about purpose and meaning in life. How can we continue on a road without knowing why we're traveling on it in the first place?

Which is what has brought us to this point. We're pulling over. Taking a break. I'm not willing to drive another mile until I figure out where I'm going and why.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM , Blogger leesh said...

talk about inspiration.
not me inspiring you but you inspiring me.
we can talk tutoring fees later this week.
hey, this unemployed girl has got to pay the bills.

 
At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pierre and mom.. those words are really encouraging and i'm really excited to hear about your trip. GREAT to see you today (i'm glad this goodbye went better than the last one).. oh and guess what i got sun burnt (right over the white aprt of my farmers tan. yay!)

i hope you two enjoy your joruney.. keep me updated. i love you BOTH very very MUCH!!!!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home