Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Regret

I was taking in some recycling yesterday. While waiting in line, I met a guy named John who was also there to take in recycling. John was homeless, dirty, and a bit socially awkward. Recycling appeared to be his livelihood. And no one else there would talk to him.

We struck up a conversation in line and I helped him out a bit. Afterward, he invited me to sit down and have a beer with him.

The man invited me to have a beer with him! What an opportunity. And what did I say. I'm sure you can guess.

But what was I doing yesterday? Hmm... I went to the store, I cleaned our apartment, I watched a movie, I snacked a little, I took in some recycling... yep, that's about it.

So, I politely declined his offer. He thanked me for my help and I went on my way.

John, please forgive me. I blew a blatant opportunity to show you love... and now it really bothers me!

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM , Blogger dave said...

Hmmm...i completely understand. isn't it sad how often we miss opportunities to love?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home