Monday, June 18, 2007

7 years..and 2 score

It was our anniversary this weekend! We celebrated by spending the weekend at the beach. It was a great, relaxing time. 7 years feels like a while, and yet it doesn't at the same time. In the grand scheme of things, it is not long at all. We have known each other for the last 14 years, and that is what has made it feel like we've grown up together. In a lot of ways we really have. We're still growing up (as those of you who follow our blog and know us).

Here is a picture of us not growing up at my cousin's wedding. I like to think of socially awkward scenarios, and he likes to make them happen. When everyone should have been looking at the bride and groom, I said, wouldn't it be funny if we started taking pictures of ourselves right now? He takes me seriously...he started snapping pictures of us during the wedding ceremony.(I am wrestling him for the camera-and telling him that I was just joking).



I love that Pierre is the only person that I can be with 24-7...or I should say is the only person who can handle being with me 24-7. And I can be serious or goofy, all in one moment, and he's tracking there right with me. No one could hurt me more or love me more. It's extreme at times.

I have an itch sometimes that I am not "radical" enough in my faith, that I am not doing enough. But I am reminded that having the opportunity to serve Pierre (not in a demeaning sort of fundamentalist wife way), and walk next to him (in an egalitarian sort of way)is one of the most important vocations I can have. Then we can be "radical" together...sometimes just in different ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home