Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Harley Way

After my work travels, I stopped in to see the family in Illinois. My GREAT brother-in-law, Ryan, so kindly gave me a ride on their Harley. I think I was born to ride, or at least just look pretty sweet wearing black leather (thanks Lissa for the duds). Ironically enough I have been reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig. The story starts out on a journey of a man who explains how riding on a bike through the country side is a completely different journey than riding in one's car. I understand now what he meant by having no box around you so that you can feel the hot and cold pockets of air and having my senses much more aware of the world around me.
To conclude...I would recommend taking advantage of opportunities to ride on a motorcycle (or scooter) and reading (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance).
Below are pics of Ryan and me and then Ryan and Melissa (we call her Lissa).

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We made the BLOG! Yahoo for ice cream and motorcycles! One question though... were you wearing a cardigan?

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Pierre said...

I'll thank you to stop looking at my wife's crotch!

 
At 4:19 PM , Blogger jeremy zach said...

What is up my long lost neighbors?

Pierre rumor has it you have a killa paper on the passage where the little Children come running to Jesus.

Is there anyway I can look at that scholarly work of yours?

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Kay said...

Why focus on the cardigan, when you are wearing black leather?

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger lizzydew said...

Nice Hannah. You look real tough.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home