Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What Jesus thought about War

...at least according to John MacArthur.

This kinda makes me mad. No, I'm not oblivious to this kind of thinking... but personally, I agree with Larry King here most of all.

This also sounds to me like the way the Bible was used to support slavery for far too many years. Thank God (seriously) that our interpretation of scripture changes with study and human experience (though I sure wish Christians were farther down the road on this issue).

Why don't you read through Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John and compare the number of passages in which Jesus condones war/violence over peace and see if you come to the same conclusions as MacArthur.

(Thanks Dave for the link!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home