Sunday, October 19, 2008

Going Vanilla-mourning my online ID

Some of you may have seen my latest Facebook status of "Kay is Vanilla." I'll explain. Technology and things such as Facebook are a great thing. I love seeing updates of what everyone is doing, where they are going, and what they are thinking, but in my occupation, I have to be vanilla. What's vanilla? It means being the ultimate diplomat, not taking sides, or having strong opinions. In my job, I love connecting with a very wide array of people. What I try to do with them is try to find some sort of a connecting point (usually ministry related) and go from there to talk about deeper things that we can agree and disagree upon-because we already have an established relationship. But I have found when I put certain things up front (ie on Facebook), that it can scare away good dialog. So, I sterilized my Facebook account. Sorry friends. I will be back more on the blog now, to be my outlet of personality. I am not a great writer, but I appreciate my good friends on here who enjoy thinking about things together. I am forming more opinions as I get older, based on learning, community, and different experiences. So, thank you for those of you who I get to do this in person with...I appreciate you very much.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we appreciate you too! I for one am glad to hear your opinions back on your blog because I still refuse to join facebook.

 
At 3:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you whatever flavor you come in!!

Amy V. H.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home